Thursday, December 1, 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange

Recently I signed up for the Craftaholics Anonymous Handmade Gift Exchange.  I did the last one earlier in the year and had a great time with it, so I definitely had to do it again.  Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous does a wonderful job organizing the whole thing!  Everything is explained so clearly and she sends several email updates and reminders so that participants are kept in the loop and always reminded with sending their presents in a timely manner.  One of the perks is meeting someone else who loves to do lots of crafty things just as much as me!  My partner Jane and I had very similar interests and skills such as crocheting, knitting, and jewelry making.  


If you know me and my etsy shop well, my usual work are hats, owls, and jewelry.  I wanted to step out of the box and make something totally different from what I usually make.  Also, I wanted to make sure that I made something that my handmade gift exchange partner hasn't already made for herself.  However, we both discussed that it's not often that we make things to keep because usually we make them for others.  This is the end result, and I am quite proud of it.  Let me know what you think!  If you want to see what other participants made, check out the Handmade Gift Exchange Winter 2011 Linky Party.  After seeing them you might end up signing up for the next one!

XOXO
Christine

6 comments:

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

oh my gosh, i'm so jealous! that's gorgeous! and thanks for the shout out! :)
happy crafting,
linda

christine said...

Thanks Linda! Glad you like it, and I hope that my partner will too *fingers crossed*. You're welcome about the shout out - hello?! cause you're awesome?!

jozen said...

I love it!!!! so cute :)

christine said...

Thanks so much Jozen!

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

This is gorgeous! :) What a great gift! I'm a new follower (coming over from the Craft Exchange link up) Merry Christmas!

christine said...

Michelle thank you so much! Also, thank you for following!! Happy Holidays :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...